Citrus Research International at the Department of Genetics, Stellenbosch University (SU), South Africa, is seeking applications for a two-year contract position as a laboratory technician.
- MSc in molecular biology or related fields.
- Experience in molecular diagnostics (PCR, RT-PCR and qPCR).
- Computing literacy, with emphasis on Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic bioinformatics skills will be advantageous.
Duties and responsibilities:
- General molecular laboratory support (e.g. sample processing, diagnostics)
- Maintenance of experimental plant material
- Support in the upkeep of plant growth facilities
- Assist with laboratory administration.
- Assist in the supervision and training of postgraduate students in the Maree/Bester laboratory at SU.
Commencement of duties: 1 April 2023 or EAD
Application closing date: 20 February 2023
Enquiries: Send a letter of application, accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae, including list of publications and the names and contact details of at least two referees, to Prof Hano Maree at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org